Difference between revisions of "Smilies"
(→Predefined smiley sets)
m (Unprotected "Smilies": Back to normal, probably)
Revision as of 19:46, 26 July 2009
Predefined smiley sets
|:) or :-)|
|:( or :-(|
|:D or :-D|
|(--) :s or :-s|
|:/ or :-/|
|:P , :-P , :p or :-p|
|:O , :-O , :o or :-o|
|;) or ;-)|
"Default" are the smilies that come pre-loaded with every account (and person not logged in).
How It Works
see Prefs -> Smileys ( main client or widget.mibbit.com/manager/ ):
- Width: The width of the smiley when shown.
- Height: The height of the smiley when shown.
- Base URL: The common first part for all icons in the URL column.
- Code: Mibbit searches for the code of each line of text for this, and replaces it with the picture hosted on the Icon URL.
- URL: The second part of the URL to an image that will replace the text found in Code (or a file name if server/path is common for all icons).
Using your own smileys
To load your own smiley-set replace the current Base URL, e.g.,
http://the.server.blah/path/to/smiley-folder/ in prefs -> smileys.
If you want to mix smileys from different sources put only
http:// into Base URL and the full server/path/filename.ext into the fields of the URL column of the table, e.g.,
:) mibbit.com/smileys/rainbow/smile.gif :( my.server.com/my-smileys/sad.gif
Make sure that the code for smilies that might include another one (such as :(( contains :( in it) are above the ones that are included. If you have :( above :(( in the list, It'll parse it as the :( smiley followed by a "(". On most systems path/filenames are case sensitive.