Note: this list is not yet finalized, feel free to make discussion in the staff channel or in the talk page
- If you are in the channel and not set away, you are expected to help.
- Always be polite.
- Eliminate those users that fail to abide by the channel rules.
- Nominate others for ops as you see fit, appoint hops as you see fit. Take note of who is trying to help and encourage and help them to spread the load around.
- Try not to interfere with another that is assisting another user.
- If you need to address another helper, say, to point out an error, do so in private or in the staff channel..never in #help.
- Try to point users to documentation first, but if they are unable to learn from it, show them simple examples about, say, registering a channel.
- Never argue with another op *in channel*
- Examples are important. Use them copiously.
- Keep mibbit involved in those issues which he need to be involved.
- Use the mibbit client as often as possible when in the #help channel. Create a widget. The experience is very helpful in assisting others.
- Attempt to create wiki pages for new complex features.
- Try to keep an FAQ for problems
- Keep the channel to one help session only. If another needs help, take it private to avoid confusion.
- Abide by the channel rules in every way. Failure to do so could get you removed.
- Never kick or ban needlessly or for fun.
- Never speak of those being helped in a derogatory manner.
Would be nice to keep idlers off of #help. We have #mibbit that is great for idling.