Welcome to the Wish List. If you would like a feature for Mibbit that isn't currently in it, suggest it here in the correct category. Completed ideas are subject to deletion without a notification.
- 1 Planned For Next Release
- 2 Preferences
- 3 User Interface
- 4 Commands
- 5 Servers/Devices
- 6 Security
- 7 Embed/Widget
- 8 Other
Planned For Next Release
- Don't edit this section; outside of here, all yours.
- Unknown for next release.
- Userlist Side - Default 'Right'
- Preference for having userlist pane on left. Havvy 21:10, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- A problem with what I put with the default would be that it's still a binary choice, unless things like 'Top' and 'Bottom' are allowed (with reference to the chat pane), but just having checked or unchecked as a default would be confusing. Havvy 14:09, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Change Page Title on Message - Default 'checked'
- Preference to toogle "SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING" in Title
- Show Client Icons - Default 'checked'
- Preference to toggle the On Mibbit/Off Mibbit icons. Havvy 21:44, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- Show Chat on Join - Default 'checked'
- Would make the emote (recent) and text (recent) fields irrelevant while on, and not show the chat history. Havvy 09:53, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Sound on Ping - Default On
- Pref to toggle play sound when my nick has been pinged, play sound when query is active
- Add the ability to add input and output language to the link variables.Azerthoth
- Play a sound when someone says something while I'm on a different tab or have the window minimized, similar to the functionality of the embedded Google Talk in Gmail.
- Leave the default away/unaway behavior as is - 10 minutes or so. But change the default display setting so that it won't leave the little messages all over the place. This lets those users who want to know who's here or not know, but also makes it so us who really don't care aren't spammed with "xxxxx is away" messages(Which is really annoying. We know they're not here--they haven't SAID anything for 10 minutes! ) EugeneKay (chat) 07:50, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- word! pls. greetz wurtl
- A more English 'please'. Havvy 09:53, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Dragable pane borders (or at least user-defined column width) -- HerculeP, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- If it is done as a GUI method, then this falls under UI. If it is a pref, then what should it be called? I'd go with Userlist Width - Default (Whatever number it is now)
- Preference to change the color swatches for 0-15 so that skins don't conflict. roboticaust 22:09, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
Chat Pane & Text Parsing
- Right to left languages support.
- Have topic always visible on top of chat screen, like how ChatZilla does it? Have the preference for this set to off by default. Havvy 17:22, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Smilies for ;( [crying] and D: [uh, don't know name]. 220.127.116.11 23:26, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
- Also for <3 >:) and >:(
- Allow Stalk Words
- Make so we can click on nick in the chat display (Gilou)
- I'd do it as a double-click, if the pref is on.
- Have a simple sound notification when a user needs to get everybody's attention in the channel
- IRC does not work this way last I checked. There is no standard way of setting that flag off. Havvy 13:51, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
Raw Numerics Look A Bit Lame ATM
stuff like this look lame:
1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 255: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  I have 98 clients and 1 servers 1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 265: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  Current local users: 98 Max: 15001 1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 266: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  Current global users: 26806 Max: 56468
it could be implemented like this
1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=255] I have '''2492''' clients and '''0''' servers 1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=265] Current local users: '''2492''' Max: '''2868''' 1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=266] Current global users: '''38649''' Max: '''44966'''
- Scrolling the channel/server-tabs with mouse-wheel (like firefox-tabscrolling) - someting like jQuery HorizonMenu. Patrick
- A way to re-arrange tabs, or separate server tabs from chat tabs.
- or arrange the tabs vertically instead of horizontically; people prefer and are used to scrolling up/down rather than sideways.
- Allow tiling of tabbar. I think it'd be best with a prefrence for how many lines it goes down before having to use the <>s Havvy 05:04, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
- A down arrow that functions the same way as the Firefox arrow on the tab-bar.
- Increase the icons for the on Mibbit/off Mibbit icons. The thing with the green or blue person or IPod. Havvy 20:47, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- I'm calling them 'client' icons' from here on out.
- CZ logo for Chatzilla people.
- Mirc logo for Mirc people.
- Change the on Mibbit icon to a frog.
- X-Chat logo;
- Konquerer logo;
- Pidgin logo;
- I'm calling them 'client' icons' from here on out.
- Making it so that pressing a letter on the keyboard when you have selected the users list (list of users in that channel) will jump to the next user with a nick starting with that letter.
- Customizable Images for Powers.
Note: This is the User-Interface WishList section. The full Preferences section is up above.
- Using cookies, allow guests to have preferences. Cookie is made when they view the prefs tab and aren't logged in. Show Prefs button when they aren't logged is needed for this. Havvy 20:47, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- I'm moving this to UI. The cookie can hold the current Prefs ID. Havvy 09:53, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
Logging, Account, Profile, & Channels
- Merge of logs into one set. Merge same-date logs. Don't allow for channels. Havvy 14:09, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Have the logs area look like the chat pane, for easier viewing. Ask me if this confuses you mibbit. Havvy 14:09, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Option to download logs.
- Ignore NickServ / ChanServ from logging since it poses a potential security issue.
Input Bar & Options
- Improve the completion system for nicknames, maybe like xchat does by displaying a list of matching nicks, or by cycling through available completions rather than just stopping the way it does (Gilou)
- Search, Mass Deletion, Choice to Delete Entire Nick/Channel, Fullscreen Show log
- When logged in Mibbit, have the nickname in "Username" field be your sign up nick instead of mib_randomness on the Home tab User:Havvy
- Away messages in whois. These are supported by many servers/clients, but we can't see them in mibbit, when (for example) they are set by irssi users 18.104.22.168 06:59, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
- From molkmin: Ability to hide/show the header of the full Mibbit client, up to the tabs line.
- I'd say that would everything above the prefs line, and have the Kenneth image go hidden. Also, before doing this, I would suggestion adding in the /findchannels or whatever I called it command implemented. Havvy 05:20, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- query windows should be opened by /query <nick> (no <msg> required), without the need of a reply PRIVMSG from the other side --eporim: 22.214.171.124 05:43, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- notices (and ctcps, eventually) should go directly in the correct query/channel window (if opened) instead of the current window --eporim: 126.96.36.199 05:43, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- /ping that ctcp pings users would be handy.
- /hide (To still be on a channel but no one can see you pm you or have you appear at all.
- /hideall to hide from all channels.
- /dcc support for those who wish to transfer files
- /dcca (support to receive dcc transfered files)
- /mop - gives ops to everyone in the channel
- /mdop - removes ops from everyone in the channel but you
- Oper commands for people who are IRC operators (who use mibbit) (/kill, /oper, etc.)
- /quit - Allow a "/quit" to use the default mibbit quit line) "/quit msg" works already ...
- /website <url> - If you put 'http://google.com', it acts like you pressed a link to it. Havvy 20:43, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
- /pastebin - Lets you open the pastebin. Also on that note, /smilies, /translation (if nothing placed in), and /colors
- Probably also /colours then.
- /prefs, /account, /channels, /logs, & /logout for logged in users;
- /login <user> <password> and /register <user> <password>
- /quitall <reason>
- /awayall <reason>
- /findchannels <search> -- Basically does what that thing in the top-right portion of the client does. Shows a search.
- /ctcp (For what doesn't work)
- TIME -- Shows the time the user sees.
- WEBSITE -- Only for the widget, shows what website they are coming from. On main client, shows 'Main'
- GENDER -- From the 'Profile' field. If not set, shows unknown.
- AGE -- From the 'Profile' field. If not set, shows unknown.
- LOCATION -- From the 'Profile' field. If not set, shows unknown.
- URL -- From the 'Profile' field. If not set, shows unknown.
- /muzzle and /unmuzzle -- places a muzzle on a user, allowing them to read but not send using /mode #chan +b ~q:nick!*@*. Compatible with most Unreal servers.
- /ignore pm -- /ignore needs to block pm's as well.
- /dset <key> <val> - that works for unregistered users too --eporim: 188.8.131.52 05:46, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
Note: Please have server admins look at a How To for supporting Mibbit.
- Open Server on the Telnet for connection to other MUDs/MUSHes/MOOs/MUXes.
- PSP compatible interface. The www.mibbit.com interface doesn't load fully on the PSP's web browser...
- Have a way different from bitlbee to only connect to MSN or Aim (but not both from the same thing). Useful for easier learning of the engine.
- Support for (Windows) pocket devices.
- Opt-out/blacklist of channels that do not want to have their chat logged and displayed to joining mibbit users.
- Preference to disallow right-clicking on the widget, namely to avoid handing out chankeys via the source. I feel this is a security risk since no amount of scrambling, right click denied on my end can conceal that and all it takes is for a user to make an account on my site and right click to be back on irc attacking me with several bot clients. Seriously, 1 small line of code and a end code is all it takes. roboticaust 07:04, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
- Moved to Embed, actually to Security
- Might I suggest &rightclick=disabled be the HTML? Havvy 14:09, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Have the server rewrite https://mibbit.com/ to https://www.mibbit.com/ . With the Apache rewrite module that's a mere two-liner.
- Uh, what security bonus does that give? Havvy 14:58, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- Give the user a warning when he uses SSL only on one of the two Mibbit connections, i.e. when he connects via https, but not via SSL to the IRC server, or vice versa.
- Add a link/button to the widget that shows/hides the user list and have the default status be a preference Pb30 16:09, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- Ability to force widget users to stay on a single channel and not join another using your widget.
- No login screen for when using Freenode.
- Wrap text around username, allowing chat text on multiple lines more space to display. Also give option to turn off current username formatting in "prefs." This option would allow more compact displays of the Mibbit Widget when trying to conserve space.
- Ability to edit "Smilies | Colors | Translation | PasteBin" color in the "prefs"
- Basically, if there is an embedded client on the page, if a link goes to a channel on the server, have it open up that channel. Seems like a wonderful idea. The above is two lines from IRC. Havvy 00:29, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
- Assign a default username to users joining the channel, something that can be specified in the args
- Already doable.
- Optional username/ident support - useful for BNC users.
- Release your amazing source code under a license that allows people to improve it for you (and curious people to see how it works).
- Not gonna happen. Havvy 22:32, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
- Allow user to specify external CSS file to control look and feel.
- Try the Stylish extension out on Firefox.
- A way to setup Alternative nick, to avoid nick colisions in direct connections to the server.
- Alert() confirm before closing in some cases.
- Mibbit front page note says "Do not evade bans, abuse or spam." It would be better if it said "Do not abuse, spam, or evade bans."
- Remove the current quit message, as some people treat it as spam.