Wish list of features
To be done very soon
- Fix /part
- implement /server
- implement /ignore
- Autofocus on chat pane, instead of having to click on the text that says Type here
- Set the default autoAway to a much higher value, probably an hour
User suggested features (Please add yours here)
- I have a IRC chatroom to complement a web forum I use. I'd like to have a link on my website where a person can just choose a nickname and automatically be logged in to the correct IRC server and chat room without having to know the details.
- body: smaller left & right margins (~5-7px?) for not wasting precious space on the desktop
- skins (user creatable?), maybe integrated in the forthcoming GUI
- dragable pane borders (or at least user-defined column width)
-- HerculeP, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Context menu for users with options such as [ignore] [kick] [ban] [profile]
- Play a sound when something happens (OPTIONAL)
- SILCnet support - http://silcnet.org/
- Have the chat fill the screen, instead of just the top bit. Ie, maximizing the browser won't leave me with a little tiny chat window in the middle. <DONE>
- Ability to choose encoding. (I'm swedish, so characters like Å, Ä and Ö won't always work...)
- hmm, no problems with äöü.. - the mibbit client uses utf8 AFAIK, Å, Ä and Ö should be handled correctly (if all clients use utf8 and if you don't force your browser to use something else).
- skins.mibbit.com skin exchange interface
- A "send" button for compatibility with the Nintendo Wii and other such Games consoles. To clarify, a Say button that acts like a keyboard's Enter key. Wii users won't be able to chat without it.
- A way to re-arrange tabs, or separate server tabs from chat tabs.
- About the chat filling the screen - I meant vertically as well as horizontally. At the moment, the /set chatPaneHeight and /set ulistPaneHeight options work, but they seem to require a refresh of the page to take effect(not fun when you're switching between computers with radically different resolutions, ie 1024x768 --> 2560*1600, and yes, the big screen is gorgeous) EugeneKay (chat) 07:50, 25 January 2008 (UTC) - Yup I will have a solution to this --Axod 17:15, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- Leave the default away/unaway behavior as is - 10 minutes or so. But change the default display setting so that it won't leave the little messages all over the place. This lets those users who want to know who's here or not know, but also makes it so us who really don't care aren't spammed with "xxxxx is away" messages(Which is really annoying. We know they're not here--they haven't SAID anything for 10 minutes! ) EugeneKay (chat) 07:50, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- Support for (Windows) pocket devices.
- Implement an option for ChanServ/NickServ/OperServ/MemoServ /msgs to go to a private message window, just like a regular user. Set this to "off" by default, as the current behaviour is preferred by the majority of users(not me) EugeneKay (chat)
- Make /op and /deop work. EugeneKay (chat)
- Make /kick work with a more than one word reason, and not require the #channel for it to kick in -- assume the current channel if one is not given. EugeneKay (chat)
- Rizon support - irc.rizon.net
- Turn of auto-away (option if it has to be) <axod: /dset autoAway 0>
- As an unregistered user, both /set autoAway 0 and /dset autoAway 0 did not turn off the autoAway feature
<axod: It will only change the setting for new irc connections. Close the server tab and connect again and it'll be fine. Or register with mibbit to have your prefs saved (It's a pretty lightweight registration ;)>
- The ability to save a link to favorites or link off a website with the details in the link for the server and nickname and channel so that i can just click that and be on the server <axod: http://www.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.com&channel=%23mibbit&nick=mibbiter&pass=mypass> I might also add a 'permalink' to auto generate that...
- this permalink doesn't seem to be working for me... maybe it's a pebcak, but I'm trying the format: http://www.mibbit.com/?server=irc.coldfront.net&channel=%23somechannel&nick=web-guest and not getting anywhere.
<Works for me, all this does is *pre-fill* the information into the connect form. It does not and will not auto-connect - that could be abused quite easily>