How to embed Mibbit on Joomla! 1.0.
- Login to the admin panel.
- Select site modules by highlighting modules and clicking on site modules.
- Click on "Wrapper" and set select Yes for published. Then hit save
- Go to the menu where you would like to embed the chat and hit "new".
- Select Wrapper and set wrapper URL to http://embed.mibbit.com/?channel=%23channel&nick=nicknamehere
(note: there is nothing dynamic about the username check http://extensions.joomla.org/ for possible Joomla/Mibbit extensions)
- Hit Save and you're ready to go!
Here's an advanced method of using Mibbit with your Joomla site. In this example (see http://lovelineshows.com/index.php/listen-live-10-12-pst.html) it pulls the username of the person logged in to Joomla into an independent document, which provides the username or a default username if someone is not logged in. Finally, Joomla wrapper calls my independent file. Basically it's IFRAMES inside IFRAMES. A little confusing, but the application is great!