I am banned
|If you have been banned in a channel, there is almost nothing we can do.|
Where you were banned determines what options and facts apply to you.
Banned on irc.mibbit.net in #help, #mibbit, or #chat
- The only person who can remove your ban is the person who banned you. This is not a technical limitation, but a rule set between the operators.
- If you were banned for obvious misbehavior, asking why is a bad idea. Try looking at the rules for those channels.
- Bans are cleared periodically (usually once a week).
- If you think you were banned unjustly, respectfully discuss it in #help. If you were banned in #help, this doesn't apply.
- Saying that you or another person was banned without a reason will not lead to any success.
Banned in another channel on irc.mibbit.net
- On irc.mibbit.net, IRC Ops will not go into other channels and remove bans at your request. Neither will we go into the channel and tell you who the operators are. If you are banned in a channel other than the three mentioned above, it is not our business.
No matter where you are banned, listening to the operators and not making fun of them helps your case more than it hurts. Being respectful is the easiest way to get operators to remove the ban. WE WILL AND CAN NOT HELP YOU, REALLY!
Banned on another network
- Basically, Mibbit does not control other irc networks you connect to. If you are banned outside of irc.mibbit.net, there is nothing we can do.
- It is suggested that you contact one of the operators in the room, and discuss the ban. Understand that not all operators are reasonable, and you may not get anything useful out of it. They might remove the ban, if you are polite enough for them.
- You might want to visit their website. Review their help pages, wiki or forum.
- Sometimes, you are being banned for a technical reason, review too many connections, as this may have solutions.
No matter where you are banned, listening to the operators and not making fun of them helps your case more than it hurts. Being respectful is the easiest way to get operators to remove the ban.
Banned (accidentally) although I am the owner or on the aop or sop list
/cs unban #yourChannel
tells ChanServ to remove all bans preventing you from entering the given channel (if your access level is at least 5).
/cs invite #yourChannel
If the prior command did not work, though it said it did, use this command. Again, requires access level at least five (otherwise known as auto-op)
See also: Blacklisted
|See also: I am banned • Terms of Service • irc.mibbit.net Message of the day|