Difference between revisions of "Create your own channel"
Revision as of 04:34, 28 February 2009
Welcome to irc.mibbit.com You are welcome to hang out at irc.mibbit.com. You might want to create your own channel, so here's a quick guide to how to do that.
1. Register your nickname
- First of all, register your nick (or identify).
2. Join your channel
- If you haven't already, join your channel, by typing /join #my_channel (changing "my_channel" to your channel's name. If it's not already taken yet, you should get a star (this means you're an op).
3. Register with ChanServ
- Now (if you are op) register the channel with ChanServ. ChanServ is a bot that helps with these sorts of things. Just type /msg ChanServ register #my_channel <password> <description>. Where <password> is some password you make up.
4. Protect your channel (optional)
- To prevent random people to join your room, type /mode #my_channel +k <password>. You'll want this password to be different to the other password you had above. When people join your channel, they will be asked for this password before they can. This step is optional.
5. Get help
- If you get stuck you can also do '/msg ChanServ help' or '/cs help' for extensive help, or you could type /join #help and people will try and help you as well as they can. Multi-language documentation: http://dev.anope.org/docgen/en_us/ChanServ.php