Create your own channel
|This was made specifically for irc.mibbit.net. Although it is possible that it works with other servers, we can not guarantee.|
Registering your Channel
- First of all, register your nickname (or identify: /ns id yourPW ).
- Join the channel. If you haven't already, join your channel, by typing
/join #chan, changing "chan" to your channel's name. If it's not already taken yet, you should get a star (this means you're an op). Otherwise choose a different channel name or ask everybody to leave.
- Register with ChanServ. The first user who joins an empty, unregistered channel gets op status and can register the channel with ChanServ. ChanServ is a service that helps with these sorts of things. Just type:
/msg chanserv register #chan [description]
the description is optional and could explain the purpose or usage of the room.
/msg chanserv register #fun_for_all Please enjoy your stay
Make sure that you visit your channel (using the identified nick you used when registering the channel) every 30 days or so , otherwise it might expire (see /cs help). The description is shown in
/cs info #chan (it is different from "/topic"). You won't see "ChanServ" in you user list (it works in the background on Mibbit.net).
- you also can protect your channel in various ways.
- Get help. If you get stuck you can also type
/cs help register. For extensive help you could type
/join #helpand people will try and help you as well as they can.
- /cs is an alias for /msg ChanServ on the Mibbit network and in many IRC clients
Important: keep in mind that you must identify to nickserv each time you connect to the IRC server:
/ns identify yourpassword