Protect your channel
To prevent random people from joining your room there are several possibilities:
- Only allow users that are listed in
/cs access #chan list(most secure):
/cs set set restricted #chan ON
- see /cs help set restricted
- see /cs help access and Xop
Be aware that the following methods don't protect empty channels, see also
/cs help set KEEPMODES .
- Set a channel key ("password"):
/mode #chann +k key. You'll want this key to be different to the password you set when registering your channel. If people want to join your channel, they must type
/join #chan key (or you must have
&promptChannelKey=1 in the URL of your widget). If this is not persistent for you, type
/cs set keepmodes #chan ON
- Make the channel "invite only"