Mibbit Wiki:Staff wishlist
From Mibbit Wiki
Staff Wish List (in no particular order, non staff postings will be deleted) Add headings as necessary, alphabetically please.
- iPhone changes needed yet
- Replace <meta name="viewport" content="width=640, height=800" /> with <meta name="viewport" content="width=320, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1; user-scalable=0;">
- Allow resizing of tabs
- Allow resizing of show/hide userlist link
- Allow whois output to inherit chat pane font-size
- Implement Password Recovery System
- alert IE8 users: "not compatible" --Hercule 14:10, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- "type query here" as BG-img aside "Find channels" like in /networks/ "google search" (many ppl just hit the button) --Hercule 17:42, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- RSS feed Tab --Azander 19:27, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Force selection of nickname for those entering #mibbit from the home page --Molkmin 23:02, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Opera: fix alt+up and key & mouse scrolling
- Add metakey hotkeys. This will ensure cross-browser compatibility. A metakey system would work as follows: press the metakey, say, for example, escape, then press any of the predefined strings to execute a macro. For example: press ESC, then 05 to select the 5th tab in the tab list.--Molkmin 07:12, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Whois output should inherit chat page font styling.--Molkmin 07:07, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Chat input field should be a textarea to allow for pasting multiple lines.--Molkmin 07:08, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Instead of having to use /quote list, and outputting raw data, perhaps we can use /list to link to http://www.mibbit.com/networks/server/channels.html, with "server" replaced by the server name. It would only work with servers trawled by the bot though. --Jokou 16:19, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Add brackets around the extra info when joining and quiting feature to make it easier to read. --Zuwer 01:19, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
- The client/widget do not seem to pass any information about the disconnection reason to the ircd, every exit looks like a clean exit that the user requested, instead of ping timeout, etc. --Kitsune 13:52, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- Consider providing some success/fail indication for /removechat nick, such as 'SYSTEM: removechat purged N lines of nick from #chan'. --Kitsune 16:03, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Double clicking the channel topic makes it editable. --Jokou 20:38, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
- Add a "default #channel" entry for the webirc admin. Presently if no channel is entered, or if a widget has a typo, the connection goes to #chat on that server. The suggestion is to have a field in the setup that allows for a network-desired default channel. --Kitsune 18:26, 4 July 2009 (UTC)
- Add or move the "add alias" link to the bottom of the list of aliases --Molkmin 22:51, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Applies also to smilies, sounds and menus
- focus on opened new aliases --Hercule 18:38, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- Startup alias that is auto triggered once connection is made (useful for things like /silence) --Azander 00:59, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- Scripting, anyone?
- Userlist -> User (ignored) Text Color Havvy 05:43, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
- General -> Client Text Color
- General -> Client Heading Text Color
- When new tab is added, it should scroll into view if it is not visible. --Molkmin 21:08, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- Tiered indentation of tabs to more clearly indentify tab group.
Server tab: no indent channel/pm tab: 1st level indent active tab: 2nd level indent channel/pm tab Server tab channel/pm tab
--Molkmin 21:17, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- allow userlist menu to inherit userlist font/size--Molkmin 21:14, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- Mass Deletion of logs, either by server, channel, and/or nick. --Azander 22:18, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- Possibly a set of checkboxes to select which ones to delete, then a delete all checked button
- include parts and joins (like set in prefs)--Hercule 19:28, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
Have another section to the input to make it look prettier. Microchip08 18:55, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
- Multiple use of created variables (like $nick) in an alias. -- Azander (Bug fixed)
- Allow /mode # b to appear in the widget as it now does in the main client. Marked as important --Molkmin 15:42, 11 November 2008 (UTC) (Caveat is that you must be on the channel, otherwise it will not show unless you have a server tab)
- Twitter feed Tab --Azander 19:27, 4 November 2008 (UTC) (Pretty much there in dev version).
- Topic at top of Chat Pane (Look at the topic box in chatzilla), not the adbar. (Done for premium accounts, and premium widgets).
- Add ircop status to whois output
- Add user modes to output of whois for ircops.