|Main client and Premium Widgets Only|
Filters are a simple yet useful system to replace (main client only) or block text. They can be applied to incoming or outgoing IRC chat.
How to Use
Just go to Prefs -> Filters and setup your own.
|Part||What it does|
|Replacement||The text you want to replace with (not available in premium widgets)|
|Command||Commands to send when REGEXP matches. Not in all releases yet (only in cbe00*).|
|In||If checked, it'll be applied to any incoming IRC chat|
|Out||If checked, it'll be applied to any outgoing IRC chat|
|Block||If checked, do not send or show text.|
Note that the filters are applied from first to last, only once.
If part of the regex is going to be in the replacement, place it in parenthesis, and call it by $<number> where the number is signified by which set of parenthesis it is.
For the main client:
- Replace irritating abbreviations:
- BRB -> Be right back
- i18n -> internationalization
- Filter out offensive words:
- Damn -> by the beard of Zeus!
- Store commonly used responses:
- tellWidget -> "The widget is a fantastic thing that you can find more info about here....."
- \bmibbiturl\b -> http://www.mibbit.com/chat/ (\b = word boundary)
- Use a matched text within the replaced string
- Matches only if you send "gn". Will not match " gn" or "gn " or "You have a gn".
- [Start of line][g][n][End of line]