Recent chat is the feature where you enter a channel, and you receive some of the conversation that has been going on in there. The system works by having one person in the channel already using the same Mibbit client. When you join the channel, the messages sent to that person will be collected and sent to you also, before the topic comes in. Note: main client users only see recent chat if a main client user already is in the #ch, widget users only see recent chat if a widget user already is in the #ch.
By default, recent chat is off in most channels because it has a security risk where those who are on an auto-kick list can still get the information. Don't turn this on in channels you want information to be private, and thus only in public channels. Once set, it is set permanently.
Only operators or those with higher power may use this set of commands, and the operator must be using the Mibbit client.
There are three Mibbit based commands for recent chat.
- /recentchat on -- sets Recent Chat On
- /recentchat off -- switches Recent Chat Off
- /recentchat -- Shows which mode Recent Chat is in;
|There is a lag of up to an hour before the Recent Chat feature may work on the widget if set on the client and on the client if set on the widget. Set recent chat on in both the client and the widget for immediate effect in both.|
There are a few prefs with recent chat. They are:
- Chat (Recent) in Chat Color - Changes the color of non emote (/me) messages in recent chat.
- Emote (Recent) in Chat Color - Changes the color of emotes in recent chat.
- Recent chat on join in Chat Data - Enables or Disables Recent Chat for you.