Welcome to the Wish List. If you would like a feature for Mibbit that isn't currently in it, suggest it here in the correct category. The "To Be Done Soon" category is for axod, the programmer of Mibbit. Put yours in the correct subcategory of "User Suggested Features". Use "Other" if you don't know.
To Be Done Soon
- implement /ignore
- Implement an option for ChanServ/NickServ/OperServ/MemoServ /msgs to go to a private message window, just like a regular user. Set this to "off" by default, as the current behavior is preferred by the majority of users(not me) EugeneKay (chat)
- If a user is not there, make that clear ON THE PM WINDOW! :)
- Fix /join 0 error
- Put left/right arrows up, with a down arrow on the right for a list of all in a dropdown fashion.
- Ability to embed client on your own website.
- Online/offline button, click to PM me
- Embeddable channel. Tied to a specific channel on specific server
- Complete IRC client embeddable
- Ability to log chat
- I guess this might have alrady been covered but it'd be nice if we had a service to connect to so that people developing Facebook applications could make use of this to write their own irc client but using these services.
User Suggested Features
- switch to turn on/off play sound when my nick has been written, play sound when query is active
- Leave the default away/unaway behavior as is - 10 minutes or so. But change the default display setting so that it won't leave the little messages all over the place. This lets those users who want to know who's here or not know, but also makes it so us who really don't care aren't spammed with "xxxxx is away" messages(Which is really annoying. We know they're not here--they haven't SAID anything for 10 minutes! ) EugeneKay (chat) 07:50, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- Preference for having userlist pane on left. Havvy 21:10, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- Preference to turn off "SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING"
- Preference to turn off the On Mibbit/Off Mibbit icons. Havvy 21:44, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- Include some short instructions on the preferences page, explaining what each field is for. Especially explaining syntax for adding multiple channels.
- Pop up an error message if the user attempts to add a new line for a server that already exists in the list. Or else automatically merge the two channel lists. Currently it just silently ignores the click on "Add". I thought it was a bug and "Add" didn't work.
- Ability to change charset. I get scands (ä/ö) as ? from some clients.
- Preference to disable the warning dialog box that pops up when you close a server tab.
- Preference to enable to see the host mask of a user entering or leaving the channel (just like "Username (hostmask) joined/left #channelname"). That helps channel ops a lot.
- Hiding the <title> for work or school irc ;)
- A way to re-arrange tabs, or separate server tabs from chat tabs.
- A graphical front-end to Bitlbee - this would make Mibbit much more popular as you could use it as an IM client with ease.
- Play a sound when something happens
- dragable pane borders (or at least user-defined column width) -- HerculeP, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Red Star picture for Founders Havvy 21:10, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- Increase the colors for the on Mibbit/off Mibbit icons.
- Black/White for CZ users.
- Blue/Red for MIrc
- Icon would be nice. You know, for beauty on the tab bar. Havvy 02:20, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- /word/ should italicize it. *word* should bold it. _word_ should underline it.
- if you try to join a channel where you need to be identified (and are not yet) the error message should popup as alert instead of no reaction (other than spamming the server tab)
- Include Ajax IFrame tabs in the Wii interface to allow users to browse the web while IRC'ing (see www.eyeos.com)
- Making it so that pressing a letter on the keyboard when you have selected the users list (list of users in that channel) will jump to the next user with a nick starting with that letter.
- Allow Stalk Words
- Have topic always visible on top of chat screen, like how ChatZilla does it? Have the preference for this set to off by default. 188.8.131.52 17:22, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Smilies for ;( [crying] and D: [uh, don't know name]. 184.108.40.206 23:26, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
Raw Numerics Look A Bit Lame ATM
stuff like this look lame:
1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 255: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  I have 98 clients and 1 servers 1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 265: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  Current local users: 98 Max: 15001 1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 266: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  Current global users: 26806 Max: 56468
it could be implemented like this
1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=255] I have '''2492''' clients and '''0''' servers 1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=265] Current local users: '''2492''' Max: '''2868''' 1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=266] Current global users: '''38649''' Max: '''44966'''
- /verify <nick> should should what client that the the person is using. Use /verify <nick> on CZ for more info. Havvy 23:37, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- In my opinion i think that /version is a better command for checking what client someone uses ;) --Sadie 14:57, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- /ignore <user> To be used to block all messages, dicussion, and anything fro ma certain suer/troll/flooder/whatever. --220.127.116.11 03:22, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
Alias Commands similar to Chatzilla: FAQ
Aliases provide this "watered down" power, by letting you quickly and simply create a new command that performs a set of other commands (which may themselves be aliases) In its simplest form, an alias is simply renaming a command and fixing some parameters: /alias help join #help
/alias <new command name> <other command + parameters>
- SILCnet support - http://silcnet.org/
- Abducted-IRC support - irc.abducted.us (they dont have a site - currenty 523 users connected) --Sadie 14:57, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- Increase the # of connections to Rizon.net servers
- Open Server on the Telnet for connection to other MUDs/MUSHes/MOOs/MUXes.
- Austnet.org Support - restored.il.us.austnet.org
- Worldnet support - irc.worldnet.net
- euIRC trust - irc.euirc.net (http://www.euirc.net)
- Gamesurge trust - irc.gamesurge.net G-Lines pretty conistantly (http://gamesurge.net)
- rc.Team-BT.Com - Under Gaming category.
- skins.mibbit.com skin exchange interface
- Create a wiki page for all /dset commands. Havvy 21:03, 3 February 2008 (UTC) (I modified the Preferences page and added some of them)
- skins (user creatable?), maybe integrated in the forthcoming GUI
- Support for (Windows) pocket devices.
- Optional username/ident support - useful for BNC users.
- Opt-out/blacklist of channels that do not want to have their chat logged and displayed to joining mibbit users.
- synIRC and almost all other UnrealIRCd servers support a channel mode +q to denote owner. Mibbit doesn't support the mode currently. 18.104.22.168 21:16, 21 February 2008 (UTC)