Welcome to the Wish List. If you would like a feature for Mibbit that isn't currently in it, suggest it here in the correct category. The "To Be Done Soon" category is for axod, the programmer of Mibbit. Put yours in the correct subcategory of "User Suggested Features". Use "Other" if you don't know.
To Be Done Soon
- implement /ignore
- Implement an option for ChanServ/NickServ/OperServ/MemoServ /msgs to go to a private message window, just like a regular user. Set this to "off" by default, as the current behavior is preferred by the majority of users(not me) EugeneKay (chat)
- If a user is not there, make that clear ON THE PM WINDOW! :)
- Fix /join 0 error
- Put left/right arrows up, with a down arrow on the right for a list of all in a dropdown fashion.
- Ability to embed client on your own website.
- Online/offline button, click to PM me
- Embeddable channel. Tied to a specific channel on specific server
- Complete IRC client embeddable
- Ability to log chat
User Suggested Features
- Leave the default away/unaway behavior as is - 10 minutes or so. But change the default display setting so that it won't leave the little messages all over the place. This lets those users who want to know who's here or not know, but also makes it so us who really don't care aren't spammed with "xxxxx is away" messages(Which is really annoying. We know they're not here--they haven't SAID anything for 10 minutes! ) EugeneKay (chat) 07:50, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- Preference for having chat pane on left. Havvy 21:10, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- Preference to turn off "SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING"
- Preference to turn off the On Mibbit/Off Mibbit icons. Havvy 21:44, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- Include some short instructions on the preferences page, explaining what each field is for. Especially explaining syntax for adding multiple channels.
- Pop up an error message if the user attemts to add a new line for a server that already exists in the list. Or else automatically merge the two channel lists. Currently it just silently ignores the click on "Add". I thought it was a bug and "Add" didn't work.
- A way to re-arrange tabs, or separate server tabs from chat tabs.
- A graphical front-end to Bitlbee - this would make Mibbit much more popular as you could use it as an IM client with ease.
- Context menu for users with options such as [ignore] [kick] [ban] [profile]
- Play a sound when something happens
- dragable pane borders (or at least user-defined column width) -- HerculeP, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Red Star picture for Founders Havvy 21:10, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- Increase the colors for the on Mibbit/off Mibbit icons.
- Black/White for CZ users.
- Blue/Red for MIrc
- Icon would be nice. You know, for beauty on the tab bar. Havvy 02:20, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- /word/ should italicize it. *word* should bold it. _word_ should underline it.
Raw Numerics Look A Bit Lame ATM
stuff like this look lame:
1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 255: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  I have 98 clients and 1 servers 1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 265: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  Current local users: 98 Max: 15001 1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 266: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  Current global users: 26806 Max: 56468
it could be implemented like this
1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=255] I have '''2492''' clients and '''0''' servers 1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=265] Current local users: '''2492''' Max: '''2868''' 1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=266] Current global users: '''38649''' Max: '''44966'''
- /verify <nick> should should what client that the the person is using. Use /verify <nick> on CZ for more info. Havvy 23:37, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- In my opinion i think that /version is a better command for checking what client someone uses ;) --Sadie 14:57, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- SILCnet support - http://silcnet.org/
- Abducted-IRC support - irc.abducted.us (they dont have a site - currenty 523 users connected) --Sadie 14:57, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- Increase the # of connections to Rizon.net servers
- Open Server on the Telnet for connection to other MUDs/MUSHes/MOOs/MUXes.
- Austnet.org Support - restored.il.us.austnet.org
- Worldnet support - irc.worldnet.net
- euIRC trust - irc.euirc.net (http://www.euirc.net)
- Gamesurge trust - irc.gamesurge.net G-Lines pretty conistantly (http://gamesurge.net)
- XChannel Network - irc.xchannel.org i've added you a trust for 40 users --wiedi
- skins.mibbit.com skin exchange interface
- Create a wiki page for all /dset commands. Havvy 21:03, 3 February 2008 (UTC) (I modified the Preferences page and added some of them)
- skins (user creatable?), maybe integrated in the forthcoming GUI
- Support for (Windows) pocket devices.
- Optional username/ident support - useful for BNC users.
- Opt-out/blacklist of channels that do not want to have their chat logged and displayed to joining mibbit users.
- Doesn't that feature only work on Mibbit channels? It doesn't work on other servers. Havvy 04:27, 7 February 2008 (UTC)