Welcome to the Wish List. If you would like a feature for Mibbit that isn't currently in it, suggest it here in the correct category. The "To Be Done Soon" category is for axod, the programmer of Mibbit. Put yours in the correct subcategory of "User Suggested Features". Use "Other" if you don't know.
To Be Done Soon
- Implement an option for ChanServ/NickServ/OperServ/MemoServ /msgs to go to a private message window, just like a regular user. Set this to "off" by default, as the current behavior is preferred by the majority of users(not me) EugeneKay (chat)
- Fix /join 0 error
- Put left/right arrows up, with a down arrow on the right for a list of all in a dropdown fashion.
- Ability to log chat
User Suggested Features
- switch to toggle play sound when my nick has been written, play sound when query is active
- Leave the default away/unaway behavior as is - 10 minutes or so. But change the default display setting so that it won't leave the little messages all over the place. This lets those users who want to know who's here or not know, but also makes it so us who really don't care aren't spammed with "xxxxx is away" messages(Which is really annoying. We know they're not here--they haven't SAID anything for 10 minutes! ) EugeneKay (chat) 07:50, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- Preference for having userlist pane on left. Havvy 21:10, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- Preference to toogle "SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING" in Title
- Preference to toggle the On Mibbit/Off Mibbit icons. Havvy 21:44, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- Include some short instructions on the preferences page, explaining what each field is for. Especially explaining syntax for adding multiple channels.
- Preference to toggle the warning dialog box that pops up when you close a server tab.
- Preference to toggle seeing the host mask of a user entering or leaving the channel (just like "Username (hostmask) joined/left #channelname"). That helps channel ops a lot.
- Hiding the <title> for work or school irc ;)
- Dragable pane borders (or at least user-defined column width) -- HerculeP, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Using cookies, allow guests to have preferences. Cookie is made when they view the prefs tab and aren't logged in. Show Prefs button when they aren't logged is needed for this. Havvy 20:47, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Allow for easy rejoining of rooms that have been peered/kicked from. Folks use it as jokes where I hang out, and I had to type join in an entirely different chat window and have a new chat window pop up after a kick rather than just being able to type /join #room in the same window and have it rejoin and continue.
- A ban list that anyone can view for a specific channel.
- A paging function for the /list command that have more than 25 channels.
- A way to re-arrange tabs, or separate server tabs from chat tabs.
- A graphical front-end to Bitlbee - this would make Mibbit much more popular as you could use it as an IM client with ease.
- Increase the colors for the on Mibbit/off Mibbit icons. The thing with the green or blue person or IPod. Havvy 20:47, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- CZ logo for Chatzilla people.
- Mirc logo for Mirc people.
- Making it so that pressing a letter on the keyboard when you have selected the users list (list of users in that channel) will jump to the next user with a nick starting with that letter.
- Allow Stalk Words
- Have topic always visible on top of chat screen, like how ChatZilla does it? Have the preference for this set to off by default. 126.96.36.199 17:22, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Smilies for ;( [crying] and D: [uh, don't know name]. 188.8.131.52 23:26, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
- Also for <3 >:) and >:(
- When logged in Mibbit, have the nickname in "Find Channels" tab be your sign up nick instead of mib_randomness User:Havvy
- Away messages in whois. These are supported by many servers/clients, but we can't see them in mibbit, when (for example) they are set by irssi users 184.108.40.206 06:59, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
Raw Numerics Look A Bit Lame ATM
stuff like this look lame:
1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 255: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  I have 98 clients and 1 servers 1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 265: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  Current local users: 98 Max: 15001 1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 266: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  Current global users: 26806 Max: 56468
it could be implemented like this
1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=255] I have '''2492''' clients and '''0''' servers 1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=265] Current local users: '''2492''' Max: '''2868''' 1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=266] Current global users: '''38649''' Max: '''44966'''
- /verify <nick> should should what client that the the person is using. Use /verify <nick> on CZ for more info. Havvy 23:37, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- In my opinion i think that /version is a better command for checking what client someone uses ;) --Sadie 14:57, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- /say support would be nice, especially with the Alias idea below.
- /ping that ctcp pings users would be handy.
- /hide (To still be on a channel but no one can see you pm you or have you appear at all.
- /hideall t hide from all channels.
- /dcc support for those who wish to transfer files
Alias Commands similar to Chatzilla: FAQ
Aliases provide this "watered down" power, by letting you quickly and simply create a new command that performs a set of other commands (which may themselves be aliases) In its simplest form, an alias is simply renaming a command and fixing some parameters: /alias help join #help
/alias <new command name> <old command> [<parameters>]
The new command doesn't override the old command.
- SILCnet support - http://silcnet.org/
- Abducted-IRC support - irc.abducted.us (they dont have a site - currenty 523 users connected) --Sadie 14:57, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- Increase the # of connections to Rizon.net servers
- Open Server on the Telnet for connection to other MUDs/MUSHes/MOOs/MUXes.
- Austnet.org Support - restored.il.us.austnet.org
- Worldnet support - irc.worldnet.net
- euIRC trust - irc.euirc.net (http://www.euirc.net)
- Gamesurge trust - irc.gamesurge.net G-Lines pretty conistantly (http://gamesurge.net)
- rc.Team-BT.Com - Under Gaming category.
- irc.veekun.com - Under Gaming category I think... HTTP website is a Pokemon thing...
- skins.mibbit.com skin exchange interface
- skins (user creatable?), maybe integrated in the forthcoming GUI
- Support for (Windows) pocket devices.
- Optional username/ident support - useful for BNC users.
- Opt-out/blacklist of channels that do not want to have their chat logged and displayed to joining mibbit users.
- If a line that doesn't contain UTF-8 is being used in the incoming message, encode the incoming line to UTF-8 by assuming ISO-8859-1 (or detect preferred encoding/character set from the browser's settings?)
- PSP compatible interface. The www.mibbit.com interface doesn't load fully on the PSP's web browser...
- Release your amazing source code under a license that allows people to improve it for you (and curious people to see how it works).
Axod, eventually having scripting capabilities on Mibbit could make Mibbit profitable as people would use it for easy scripting if done right. While the following suggestion doesn't have to be done soon, I would like to see it eventually.
First, a new group of pages must be made, a set of scripting pages. Since I'm low on time to make this, I'll just explain the page that lists all the scripts you have. Basically, it is a table of scripts that a person has made. It shows the name, and if you click the name, it takes you to the edit screen. Next to the name there will be links: Rename; Edit; Delete; Share; De/Activate. It also shows an ID for the script.
Rename allows you to change the name of the script to something else. It must follow variable naming conventions (Can't start with number or symbol, but can start with _) and can't share the same name as another of your scripts.
Edit takes you to the edit screen, which allows you to edit the script. More on it later.
Delete allows you to delete your script into obscurity. Have a warning before deleting it. Also, might want to have a 24 grace period for getting them back.
Share allows you to copy your script to another person if they so choose. Basically, it sends a copy of the script to the other user. If a user doesn't want to get new scripts, they can block it. If multiple people want to work on one copy of a script, there should be a sharing feature for that also.
De/Active is a checkbox for whether or not the script is loaded or not. Off by default.
- Do a search for a string such as *:word:* and replace it with something like the following usage: change *:mibnick:* to *You can change your nick with /nick newnick* . Thus, if I put in "mib_24576b: :mibnick: FYI" it'll process it and send it out as "mib_24576b: You can change your nick with /nick newnick FYI"
- The following things would be needed:
- function for parsing messages you send.
- non-regular expression text seach with * of course
- ability to replace an expression with another one.