Welcome to the Wish List. If you would like a feature for Mibbit that isn't currently in it, suggest it here in the correct category. Completed ideas are subject to deletion without a notification.
- 1 Bugs
- 2 Preferences
- 3 User Interface
- 4 Commands
- 5 Servers/Devices
- 6 Security
- 7 Embed/Widget
- 8 Other
- 9 Invalid/Not Going To Happen
- smiles don't have an alt text, this [almost] completly hide the smile if the image cannot be loaded for some reason or you are blind --eporim: 22.214.171.124 08:45, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
- Please post this at http://bugs.mibbit.com
- Show userlist on left. - Default Off
- Preference for having userlist pane on left. Havvy 21:10, 3 February 2008 (UTC)
- Change Page Title on Message - Default 'checked'
- Preference to toogle "SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING" in Title
- Ability to toggle changing the title on message per channel 12.24 27th August 2008 (UTC)
- Show Chat on Join - Default 'checked'
- Would make the emote (recent) and text (recent) fields irrelevant while on, and not show the chat history. Havvy 09:53, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Sound on Ping - Default On
- Pref to toggle play sound when my nick has been pinged, play sound when query is active
- Sound on Activity
- Play a sound when someone says something while I'm on a different tab or have the window minimized, similar to the functionality of the embedded Google Talk in Gmail.
- Add the ability to add input and output language to the link variables.Azerthoth
- Leave the default away/unaway behavior as is - 10 minutes or so. But change the default display setting so that it won't leave the little messages all over the place. This lets those users who want to know who's here or not know, but also makes it so us who really don't care aren't spammed with "xxxxx is away" messages(Which is really annoying. We know they're not here--they haven't SAID anything for 10 minutes! ) EugeneKay (chat) 07:50, 25 January 2008 (UTC)
- word! pls. greetz wurtl
- A more English 'please'. Havvy 09:53, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Dragable pane borders-- HerculeP, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Preference to change the color swatches for 0-15 so that skins don't conflict. roboticaust 22:09, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
Chat Pane & Text Parsing
- Right to left languages support. [comment: in the browser I'm using (firefox 2) i can read and write arabic and hebrew without problems, they are correctly shaped and typeset (at the best of mozilla support, not more, obviously ;P), isn't it the same for the other browsers? is it a charset issue of the writer or something other? --eporim: 126.96.36.199 08:51, 14 August 2008 (UTC)]
- Have topic always visible on top of chat screen, like how ChatZilla does it? Have the preference for this set to off by default. Havvy 17:22, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Allow Stalk Words
- Make so we can click on nick in the chat display (Gilou)
- I'd do it as a double-click, if the pref is on. -- Havvy
- Have a simple sound notification when a user needs to get everybody's attention in the channel
- IRC does not work this way last I checked. There is no standard way of setting that flag off. Havvy 13:51, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
Raw Numerics Look A Bit Lame ATM
stuff like this look lame:
1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 255: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  I have 98 clients and 1 servers 1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 265: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  Current local users: 98 Max: 15001 1:32 broadway.ny.us.dal.net 266: |  Sadie|AjaxIRC,  Current global users: 26806 Max: 56468
it could be implemented like this
1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=255] I have '''2492''' clients and '''0''' servers 1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=265] Current local users: '''2492''' Max: '''2868''' 1:15 broadway.ny.us.dal.net [RAW=266] Current global users: '''38649''' Max: '''44966'''
- Scrolling the channel/server-tabs with mouse-wheel (like firefox-tabscrolling) - someting like jQuery HorizonMenu. Patrick
- Basically, when hovering over the tabbar, scrolling up moves it left 2 tabs, and scrolling down moves it right 2 tabs.
- A way to re-arrange tabs, or separate server tabs from chat tabs.
- or arrange the tabs vertically instead of horizontally; people prefer and are used to scrolling up/down rather than sideways.
- Allow tiling of tabbar. I think it'd be best with a preference for how many lines it goes down before having to use the <>s Havvy 05:04, 22 April 2008 (UTC)
- A down arrow that functions the same way as the Firefox arrow on the tab-bar.
- Option to have channels / servers arranged on the left side, a la XChat. I keep a lot of channels open(dozens sometimes), and horizontally doesn't work for me, even with 1680x1050. EugeneKay (chat) 23:44, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
- Undo Closed Tab Button --> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3082 -- Havvy 23:36, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
- Aging Tabs --> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3542 -- Havvy 23:36, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
- Option to change close button pics
- Add a picture for when you click on the close button.
- Increase the icons for the on Mibbit/off Mibbit icons. The thing with the green or blue person or IPod. Havvy 20:47, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- I'm calling them 'client' icons' from here on out.
- CZ logo for Chatzilla people.
- Mirc logo for Mirc people.
- Change the on Mibbit icon to a frog.
- X-Chat logo;
- Konquerer logo;
- Pidgin logo;
- I'm calling them 'client' icons' from here on out.
- Making it so that pressing a letter on the keyboard when you have selected the users list (list of users in that channel) will jump to the next user with a nick starting with that letter.
- Provide more separation of links on the Userlist drop down to help prevent accidental invocation of ban/kick. Making the list onMouseover aware might be a good place to start - Molkmin
- Make it possible to whois/query/ignore users my clicking on their nickname in the left colum (of each line of chat)
- Dragable pane borders-- HerculeP, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
Note: This is the User-Interface WishList section. The full Preferences section is up above.
- Using cookies, allow guests to have preferences. Cookie is made when they view the prefs tab and aren't logged in. Show Prefs button when they aren't logged is needed for this. Havvy 20:47, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- I'm moving this to UI. The cookie can hold the current Prefs ID. Havvy 09:53, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Firefox about:config style page (and I mean take every piece of UI they have there). The filter, and the table with "Preference Name, Status (either Default, or User Set), Type, and Value. For the types, I would include: 'color' 'boolean' 'integer' 'string' Havvy 23:36, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
Logging, Account, Profile, & Channels
- Merge of logs into one set. Merge same-date logs. Don't allow for channels. Havvy 14:09, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Have the logs area look like the chat pane, for easier viewing. Ask me if this confuses you mibbit. Havvy 14:09, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Option to download logs.
- Ignore NickServ / ChanServ from logging since it poses a potential security issue.
- Search, Mass Deletion, Choice to Delete Entire Nick/Channel, Fullscreen Show log
- For logging.
Input Bar & Options
- Improve the completion system for nicknames, maybe like xchat does by displaying a list of matching nicks, or by cycling through available completions rather than just stopping the way it does (Gilou)
- When logged in Mibbit, have the nickname in "Username" field be your sign up nick instead of mib_randomness on the Home tab User:Havvy
- Away messages in whois. These are supported by many servers/clients, but we can't see them in mibbit, when (for example) they are set by irssi users 188.8.131.52 06:59, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
- From molkmin: Ability to hide/show the header of the full Mibbit client, up to the tabs line.
- I'd say that would everything above the prefs line, and have the Kenneth image go hidden. Also, before doing this, I would suggestion adding in the /findchannels or whatever I called it command implemented. Havvy 05:20, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- query windows should be opened by /query <nick> (no <msg> required), without the need of a reply PRIVMSG from the other side --eporim: 184.108.40.206 05:43, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- notices (and ctcps, eventually) should go directly in the correct query/channel window (if opened) instead of the current window --eporim: 220.127.116.11 05:43, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- adding support for other languages besides english (spanish, french, italian, portugues)
- /ping that ctcp pings users would be handy.
- /hide (To still be on a channel but no one can see you pm you or have you appear at all.
- /hideall to hide from all channels.
- /dcc support for those who wish to transfer files
- /dcca (support to receive dcc transfered files)
- /mop - gives ops to everyone in the channel
- /mdop - removes ops from everyone in the channel but you
- Oper commands for people who are IRC operators (who use mibbit) (/kill, /oper, etc.)
- /quit - Allow a "/quit" to use the default mibbit quit line) "/quit msg" works already ...
- /website <url> - If you put 'http://google.com', it acts like you pressed a link to it. Havvy 20:43, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
- /pastebin - Lets you open the pastebin. Also on that note, /smilies, /translation (if nothing placed in), and /colors
- Probably also /colours then.
- /prefs, /account, /channels, /logs, & /logout for logged in users;
- /login <user> <password> and /register <user> <password>
- /quitall <reason>
- /awayall <reason>
- /findchannels <search> -- Basically does what that thing in the top-right portion of the client does. Shows a search.
- /ctcp (For what doesn't work)
- TIME -- Shows the time the user sees.
- WEBSITE -- Only for the widget, shows what website they are coming from. On main client, shows 'Main'
- GENDER -- From the 'Profile' field. If not set, shows unknown.
- AGE -- From the 'Profile' field. If not set, shows unknown.
- LOCATION -- From the 'Profile' field. If not set, shows unknown.
- URL -- From the 'Profile' field. If not set, shows unknown.
- /muzzle and /unmuzzle -- places a muzzle on a user, allowing them to read but not send using /mode #chan +b ~q:nick!*@*. Compatible with most Unreal servers.
- /ignore pm -- /ignore needs to block pm's as well.
- /close, /window close, /wc, ... [ ARG ] -- close the current tab or the ARG tab, if ARG is supplied --eporim: 18.104.22.168 08:39, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
- /disconnect -- to disconnect from the current server without closing the tab (like /part for channels) nor the tabs of its channels --eporim: 22.214.171.124 09:13, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
- /reconnect -- to reconnect to the current server that was /disconnect-ed before, eventually to rejoin the same channels (maybe not safe if one /part-ed some chan before /disconnect-ing and don't want to rejoin, maybe better without rejoing at all, using another command /rejoin to rejoin all currently /part-ed chans (if from the server tab) or the current /part-ed chan (if from the chan tab)) --eporim: 126.96.36.199 09:13, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
Note: Please have server admins look at a How To for supporting Mibbit.
- Open Server on the Telnet for connection to other MUDs/MUSHes/MOOs/MUXes.
- PSP compatible interface. The www.mibbit.com interface doesn't load fully on the PSP's web browser...
- Support for (Windows) pocket devices.
- Opt-out/blacklist of channels that do not want to have their chat logged and displayed to joining mibbit users.
- Preference to disallow right-clicking on the widget, namely to avoid handing out chankeys via the source. I feel this is a security risk since no amount of scrambling, right click denied on my end can conceal that and all it takes is for a user to make an account on my site and right click to be back on irc attacking me with several bot clients. Seriously, 1 small line of code and a end code is all it takes. roboticaust 07:04, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
- Moved to Embed, actually to Security
- Might I suggest &rightclick=disabled be the HTML? Havvy 14:09, 17 July 2008 (UTC)
- Have the server rewrite https://mibbit.com/ to https://www.mibbit.com/ . With the Apache rewrite module that's a mere two-liner.
- Uh, what security bonus does that give? Havvy 14:58, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- Give the user a warning when he uses SSL only on one of the two Mibbit connections, i.e. when he connects via https, but not via SSL to the IRC server, or vice versa.
- Add a link/button to the widget that shows/hides the user list and have the default status be a preference Pb30 16:09, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
- Ability to force widget users to stay on a single channel and not join another using your widget.
- No login screen for when using Freenode.
- Ability to edit "Smilies | Colors | Translation | PasteBin" color in the "prefs"
- Basically, if there is an embedded client on the page, if a link goes to a channel on the server, have it open up that channel. Seems like a wonderful idea. The above is two lines from IRC. Havvy 00:29, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
- Assign a default username to users joining the channel, something that can be specified in the args
- Already doable.
- Optional username/ident support - useful for BNC users.
- Allow user to specify external CSS file to control look and feel.
- Try the Stylish extension out on Firefox.
- A way to setup Alternative nick, to avoid nick colisions in direct connections to the server.
- Alert() confirm before closing in some cases.
- Remove the current quit message, as some people treat it as spam.
Invalid/Not Going To Happen
- Releasing Source Code
- Allow each tab to open in an actual browser tab
- /dset <key> <val> - that works for unregistered users too --eporim: 188.8.131.52 05:46, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- Dset is kind of depreciated, and might not work in the future.
- Create a mibbit app for the iphone, I would gladly pay $5 for it as would a thousand other people.
- Mibbit already works for the Iphone.