Difference between revisions of "General preferences"
m (Adding description)
Revision as of 18:23, 14 March 2010
Which language you want to view the user interface in. The options for this are:
- English (US)
- Portuguese (Brasil)
Which character set the client uses for textual data. By default UTF-8 is chosen. The options for this are:
- Big 5
- ISO-8859-(1 through 9, 13, & 15)
- Windows125(0 through 8)
Alerts are little messages (* People said stuff!) that become the title of the page when you are away from it. This section has two preferences.
- Window alert flashes
- How many times the title should change before resting as [People Said Stuff!]
- Alert Period
- How long each flash should be up, measured in milliseconds (or 1000 equals one second)
- #users on channel tabs
- After the channel name, puts in parenthesis number of users in channel.
- Allow incoming PMs
- If you ever want to turn off private messages, this is a great way to do so.
- Allow remote chat moderate
- Auto Away Message
- If you want a message for when you are auto-away. Some may find it annoying though. Leave it blank for no message.
- Auto Away Time
- Measured in seconds, the amount of time before Mibbit calls you away. Turn it to 0 to be off, 3600 for an hour, and 86400 for a day.
- Auto AwayBack
- If you type a message when you are away, it sets you as back.
- Blur received PMs
- Don't autofocus new PMs. Useful only if Focus New Channels is set.
- Click on nicks to insert (IRC)
- When enabled, allows you to click on a nickname in the chat pane, and have that nickname be inserted into the input bar
- Confirm navigate away
- Errors to active tab
- Confirm Server Disconnect
- Focus new channels
- New channels and new queries are automatically changed to become the active tab.
- Notices To Active Tab
- If a server notice happens on the server you are in, it goes to the tab you are active in. If you aren't in that server, it goes to the server tab. Channel invites are one type of these notices.
- Show closers on blurred tabs
- Color of arrows in tab bar.
- Color behind the tab bar or tab list.
- Default coloring of tabs
- Default border
- Default border color of tabs.
- Choose size and font family for tab text.
- Left tabs width
- Width of tab list.
- Tabs on left
- Shows a tab list instead of a tab bar.
- Tab spacing
- Tab padding
- Text color of active tab
- Text (activity)
- Text color of inactive tab if there is a new message in it.
- Text (activity me)
- Text color of inactive tab if your nickname is mentioned.
- Text (inactive)
- Test color of inactive tab if no new messages.