Difference between revisions of "Frequently Asked Questions"
(switch to ISO-8859-1)
m (Protected "FAQ" [edit=autoconfirmed:move=autoconfirmed])
Revision as of 18:13, 23 April 2008
- What is Mibbit?
- Mibbit is an online webchat client. At the moment it supports IRC, and is pretty feature rich.
- Can Mibbit do other character sets?
- Mibbit supports, and uses UTF-8. UTF-8 contains all the characters you would ever really need. Please try and get other people on IRC to use UTF-8. For mIRC users: View -> Text, under UTF-8 choose "read & encode". Temporarily you can switch to ISO-8859-1 on a per channel basis.
- What can run Mibbit?
- Anything that has a modern web browser. Desktops with ff/ie/opera/safari, iPhone, wii, Nokia n800, probably many other devices as well.
- What is Mibbit written in?
- Why doesn't everyone get banned when a person using the mibbit client gets banned?
- Mibbit sends over your IP address to every IRC server you connect to. If you are abusive or misbehave, only you will get banned, and not the whole of mibbit.
- Can I use Mibbit on my website?
- Yes. Checkout the guides on the Widget page.
- How do I turn on/off the auto away feature?
- Registered users can set it permanently via "Prefs". Others use /dset autoAway <secs|0=never> (or &autoAway=0 for Widget).
- What is the frogs name?