Difference between revisions of "Filters"
m (→How to Use)
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Revision as of 07:29, 28 June 2009
|Main client users only, for now|
Filters are a simple yet useful system to replace text. They can be applied to incoming or outgoing IRC chat.
How to Use
Just go to Prefs -> Filters and setup your own.
- Replacement - The text you want to replace with
- In - If checked, it'll be applied to any incoming IRC chat
- Out - If checked, it'll be applied to any outgoing IRC chat
Note that the filters are applied from first to last, only once.
If part of the regex is going to be in the replacement, place it in parenthesis, and call it by $<number> where the number is signified by which set of parenthesis it is.
(Feel free to add any that you use that aren't on here.)
- Replace irritating abbreviations:
- BRB -> Be right back
- i18n -> internationalization
- Filter out offensive words:
- Damn -> by the beard of Zeus!
- Store commonly used responses:
- tellWidget -> "The widget is a fantastic thing that you can find more info about here....."
- \bmibbiturl\b -> http://www.mibbit.com/chat/ (\b = word boundary)
- Use a matched text within the replaced string
- Matches only if you send "gn". Will not match " gn" or "gn " or "You have a gn".
- [Start of line][g][n][End of line]