Create your own nickname
Registering your Nickname
- Choose a user name or nick. This user name should consist only of the letters from A-Z, the ciphers from 0-9 (but not as first character) and certain symbols such as "_" and "-". It may have a maximum of 16 characters. Please note that some nicknames are used internally and cannot be used. Also, please stay family friendly with your nicknames
- Change your user name to the user name you have chosen. Suppose you chose the nick "applecake". Type the following in the window titled irc.mibbit.com:
- Register your nick or user name. Type the following command and replace your_password with a password that will be easy to remember and replace email@example.com with your correct email address
/msg nickserv register your_password firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want your email address to remain private, use the following command:
/msg nickserv set hide email on
- Register an alternate nickname using the same password. If you would like to register an alternate nickname, repeat the same procedure, using steps 2 to 3.
- Identify with Nickserv. Each time you connect, you should sign in, or "identify" yourself, using the following command:
/msg nickserv identify your_password
- Auto connect with mibbit: For your convience, if you are registered and logged in with mibbit, you can add that nick and password to the "My Account" list to be auto-identified (only if you are using the full http://www.mibbit.com version and are logged in).
Please note that registering on the irc servers (such as irc.mibbit.com) is different with registering with Mibbit (using the login/register fields up the top of the page).
Note: If you get on the server (after registering) and someone else has taken your name: type in /msg NickServ GHOST <username> <password> to kick the user from your nickname. Then type /nick <username> to change your nick back!
You can also do '/msg NickServ help' or '/ns help' for extensive help (some servers also use /nickserv).