Create your own channel
|This was made specifically for irc.mibbit.net. Although it is possible that it works with other servers, we can not guarantee.|
Registering your Channel
- First of all, register your nickname (or identify: /ns id yourPW ).
- Join the channel. If you haven't already, join your channel, by typing
/join #chan, changing "chan" to your channel's name. If it's not already taken yet, you should get a star (this means you're an op). Otherwise choose a different channel name or ask everybody to leave.
- Register with ChanServ. The first user who joins an empty unregistered channel gets op status and can register the channel with ChanServ. ChanServ is a service that helps with these sorts of things. Just type:
/cs register #chan aSecretPassword a short description of the purpose or usage of the room
Where "aSecretPassword" is some password you make up. This is your channel registration password, it should be strong and kept secret. Make sure that you visit your channel (using the identified nick you used when registering the channel) every 30 days or so , otherwise it might expire (see /cs help). The description is shown in
/cs info #chan (it is different from "/topic").
- you also can protect your channel in various ways.
- Get help. If you get stuck you can also read the (multi-language) documentation: http://anope.org/docgen/1.8/en_us/ChanServ.php or type
/cs help register. For extensive help you could type
/join #helpand people will try and help you as well as they can.
- /cs is an alias for /msg ChanServ on the Mibbit network and in many IRC clients