Create your own channel
|This was made specifically for irc.mibbit.net. Although it is possible that it works with other servers, we can not guarantee.|
Registering your Channel
- Register your nickname. First of all, register your nick (or identify).
- Join the channel. If you haven't already, join your channel, by typing
/join #channel_name, changing "channel_name" to your channel's name. If it's not already taken yet, you should get a star (this means you're an op).
- Register with ChanServ. The first user who joins an empty unregistered channel gets op status and can register the channel with ChanServ. ChanServ is a bot that helps with these sorts of things. Just type
/msg ChanServ register #channel_name <password> <description>(without the brackets). Where <password> is some password you make up. This is your channel registration password, it should be strong and kept secret. <description> is a short description about your channel's purpose or usage. Make sure that you identify and visit your channel every ten days or so, otherwise it might expire (see /cs help)
- Protect your channel. This step is optional. To prevent random people from joining your room, type
/mode #channel_name +k <password>. You'll want this password to be different to the other password you had above (see also /cs help mlock ). If people want join your channel, they must type
/join #channel_name password(or you must have
&promptChannelKey=1in the URL of your widget).
- Get help. If you get stuck you can also do
/msg ChanServ helpor
/cs helpfor extensive help, or you could type
/join #helpand people will try and help you as well as they can. Multi-language documentation: http://anope.org/docgen/1.8/en_us/ChanServ.php .