Client to client protocol
CTCP, or Client-To-Client Protocol, is a common protocol implemented by every major IRC client in use today. CTCP extends the original IRC protocol by allowing users to query other clients for specific information.
To use CTCP the command /ctcp <nick> <argument>.
CTCP Commands Mibbit Replies To
Note: the part before the colon is the argument. The part after is the description.
- Website: If the user is on a widget, shows which website the widget is referred from (doesn't work in Chrome)
- Version: Replies with "CTCP: VERSION http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client : mibbit"
- Ping: Replies with "CTCP: Ping"
- Time: Replies with "TIME: <local time of that user>"
- Unknown Request: For those that it is not sure what the request is, sends to other user "CTCP REQUEST: whatYouPutHere"