Difference between revisions of "Webirc information"
From Mibbit Wiki
(Created page with "Information that needs to be given to the Mibbit staff (we prefer that you send this information via pastebin, if possible): *'''Network name''' - will be shown in the server ta...")
Revision as of 19:22, 29 November 2011
Information that needs to be given to the Mibbit staff (we prefer that you send this information via pastebin, if possible):
- Network name - will be shown in the server tab, so keep it short but meaningful. For irc.example.net, this could be "ExampleNet"
- A list of all DNS entries that point to your network - example: irc.example.net, irc.blah.net, blah.com, oldname.com, etc. In the case that not all servers in your network are set up with WebIRC, a list of the servers with WebIRC enabled
- Preferred connect server or round robin and the port number (if not 6667) - example: irc.example.net:1234 (will be used by the main client)
- Server admin's Email address - at least one valid email address is required
- Server admin's nickname on server - all server admins that will have authority to request WebIRC entry changes
- WebIRC password - REMEMBER THIS PASSWORD! You will need it if you wish to make changes to your WebIRC entry later
- Public (yes/no) - Requires a minimum of 50 active users on the average. Services, bots and administrators do not count as active users. Your server will be listed in the main client's Home > IRC: dropdown list. If there are reports that the Mibbit client cannot connect after the entry is set up, the "public" entry may be removed
- IRCd version
- General description of the network - examples: "Gaming", "Support", "Politics", etc. You may also include a more verbose description, if desired