Mibbit Wiki:Staff wishlist
From Mibbit Wiki
Revision as of 22:18, 25 November 2008 by Azander
Staff Wish List (in no particular order, non staff postings will be deleted) Add headings as necessary, alphabetically please.
- Implement Password Recovery System
- Change "Register" to "Create Account" on home page --Molkmin 23:00, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- alert IE8 users: "not compatible" --Hercule 14:10, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- "type query here" as BG-img aside "Find channels" like in /networks/ "google search" (many ppl just hit the button) --Hercule 17:42, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- RSS feed Tab --Azander 19:27, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- General -> Client Tab Color & Tab Border Color (for Prefs, Logging, Account, ect.)
- General -> Client Text Color
- General -> Client Heading Text Color
- Force selection of nickname for those entering #mibbit from the home page --Molkmin 23:02, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Opera: fix alt+up and key & mouse scrolling
- Add metakey hotkeys. This will ensure cross-browser compatibility. A metakey system would work as follows: press the metakey, say, for example, escape, then press any of the predefined strings to execute a macro. For example: press ESC, then 05 to select the 5th tab in the tab list.--Molkmin 07:12, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Possibly putting mibbit username in a user's whois, might help a little with banning users with dynamic IP's on IRCd's with realname based ban's, or put their encrypted IP in the name. --Sindacious 20:27, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- Whois output should inherit chat page font styling.--Molkmin 07:07, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Chat input field should be a textarea to allow for pasting multiple lines.--Molkmin 07:08, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Instead of having to use /quote list, and outputting raw data, perhaps we can use /list to link to http://www.mibbit.com/networks/server/channels.html, with "server" replaced by the server name. It would only work with servers trawled by the bot though. --Jokou 16:19, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Add or move the "add alias" link to the bottom of the list of aliases --Molkmin 22:51, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Applies also to smilies, sounds and menus
- focus on opened new aliases --Hercule 18:38, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- Startup alias that is auto triggered once connection is made (useful for things like /silence) --Azander 00:59, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- Scripting, anyone?
- When new tab is added, it should scroll into view if it is not visible. --Molkmin 21:08, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- Tiered indentation of tabs to more clearly indentify tab group.
Server tab: no indent channel/pm tab: 1st level indent active tab: 2nd level indent channel/pm tab Server tab channel/pm tab
--Molkmin 21:17, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- allow userlist menu to inherit userlist font/size--Molkmin 21:14, 2 November 2008 (UTC)
- Mass Deletion of logs, either by server, channel, and/or nick. --Azander 22:18, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
- Possibly a set of checkboxes to select which ones to delete, then a delete all checked button
- Multiple use of created variables (like $nick) in an alias. -- Azander (Bug fixed)
- Allow /mode # b to appear in the widget as it now does in the main client. Marked as important --Molkmin 15:42, 11 November 2008 (UTC) (Caveat is that you must be on the channel, otherwise it will not show unless you have a server tab)
- Twitter feed Tab --Azander 19:27, 4 November 2008 (UTC) (Pretty much there in dev version).
- Topic at top of Chat Pane (Look at the topic box in chatzilla), not the adbar. (Done for premium accounts, and premium widgets).