|Main client users only, for now|
Filters are a simple yet useful system to replace text. They can be applied to incoming or outgoing IRC chat.
How to Use
Just go to Prefs -> Filters and setup your own.
- Replacement - The text you want to replace with
- In - If checked, it'll be applied to any incoming IRC chat
- Out - If checked, it'll be applied to any outgoing IRC chat
Note that the filters are applied from first to last, only once.
(Feel free to add any that you use that aren't on here.)
- Replace irritating abbreviations:
- BRB -> Be right back
- i18n -> internationalization
- Filter out offensive words:
- Damn -> by the beard of Zeus!
- Store commonly used responses:
- tellWidget -> "The widget is a fantastic thing that you can find more info about here....."
- \bmibbiturl\b -> http://www.mibbit.com/chat/ (\b = word boundary)
- Use a matched text within the replaced string