Client to client protocol
CTCP, or Client-To-Client Protocol, is a common protocol implemented by every major IRC client in use today. CTCP extends the original IRC protocol by allowing users to query other clients for specific information.
/ctcp nick query
- Place a query to a users client and getting an answer.
CTCP Commands and Replies
- Backend: which client are people using
- Profile: will show the profile eventually
- Country: where the user is connecting from
- Browser: Refer(r)er sent by the browser
- Connectip: which Mibbit server has connected the ircd
- Website: which page widget users come from
- Allinfo: a combination of Time, Backend, Profile, Version, Country, Browser, ConnectIP and Website
- Unknown Request: Blocked from being sent to the client in the backend.